Construction and infrastructre
Geophysics can provide beneficial support to construction and infrastructure projects (road and railway construction, large buildings, transmission routes,
wind farms etc.) in various situations. In addition to investigations regarding the structure of the subsurface and detection of weak points (e.g. cavities of natural and anthropogenic origin),
relevant mechanical parameters bulk modulus, shear modulus, elastic modulus,
Poisson's ratio or electrical parameters electrical resisitance, conductivity can be obtained.
Commonly applied methods are gravimetry and shallow seismics, but also
geoelectrical methods and ground penetrating radar.
Moreover we offer vibration (peak particle velocity, ppv) measurements according to DIN 4150 in the course of ongoing constructions or geophysical measurements.
The list of our clients in the field of construction and infrastructure includes inter alia, Deutsche Bahn, e.on, Leonhard Weiß, TenneT, Landesamt Bau Sachsen-Anhalt.
The following investigations can be supported by preferential methods:
- Exploration of the shallow subsurface by seismics, georadar and gravimetry
- Damage control of roads and paths by use of ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Detection of cavities with the help of gravimetry
- Surveying and calculation of the volume of cavities using a borehole-laserscanner
- Analysis of the condition and damage of dikes with the help of geoelectrical measurements
- Investigation of water pathways using geoelectrical methods